PADI Open Water Diver Certification
Google: 4.5 - 17,870 reviews
Min 10 years old
Best Price Guarantee
Get Certified! Get your PADI scuba certification. If you've always wanted to learn how to scuba dive, discover new adventures or simply see the wondrous world beneath the waves, this is where it starts.
The PADI Open Water Diver course is the world's most popular scuba course and has introduced millions of people to the adventurous diving lifestyle.
Led by our expert dive instructors here at Vallarta Adventures' PADI Five Star Dive Center, this PADI Open Water course teaches you everything you need to know about safely diving in open water with a guide. Read on to learn more about the PADI Open Water Diver Certification Course and enroll with our team today!
The fun part
The fun part about this course is... well, just about all of it because learning to dive is incredible. You breathe underwater for the first time (something you'll never forget) and learn what you need to know to become a certified diver. During the course, you'll make at least five pool dives and four dives at local dive sites under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.
What you learn:
- How much fun scuba diving is
- Scuba diving equipment considerations for your local diving environment
- How to plan, and execute actual dives
- How to prevent and manage problems
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined water dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open water dives to review your skills and explore!
If you've tried diving through a Discover Scuba Diving Experience or Resort Course, the skills you learned may be credited towards a portion of the full PADI Open Water Diver course certification.
What's included in this tour
- PADI certified Dive Instructor
- PADI course materials
- PADI certification & fees
- Pool training sessions
- Diving Equipment
- Wetsuit (in Winter)
What do you need to know before you book
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- Based on PADI’s flying after diving recommendations, beginner divers shouldn’t fly within 12 hours after a dive; certified divers shouldn’t fly within 18 hours after two or more dives in a day, guests with respiratory, cardiovascular or ear problems are restricted
- Good mental and physical conditions are required
- Guests under the influence of alcohol or drugs are not allowed
- Expecting mothers are restricted
What to bring
- Biodegradable Sunscreen